Sunday 5 January 2014

Crochet Tealight Holders

Happy New Year!

Thanks to you all for reading my blog during the past year, and the lovely comments you've taken the time to leave - why is it so exciting to get comments on your blog?!  I love it.

Here are handmade Christmas presents for my sister-in-law (the pomegranate one) and the Lumberjack's sister (the grey one).  I thought it would be nice to include a handmade gift for them both!


I'd saved the glass holders from previous candles I'd had, and the pattern for the crochet is an excellent one, from here.  I'm so pleased with how they turned out!

I have used the pattern before a couple of years ago when I made my white one, seen below.  For some reason I didn't bother with the scalloped edging on mine - can't remember why... (probably too lazy).



And trying out the grey one...


There is also a birthday present that I made my nephew that I can't wait to show you - so watch this space!


7 comments:

  1. Wow I love them - they look great!! (good idea fro presents :o) x ) Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look very sweet! Love the shadow patterns they create.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. How lovely it would be to receive one of these as a present! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria how pretty these are - I just love the one with the lights on, really brings the pattern to life, wonderful. A lovely post Maria thank you, big hugs
    Dorothy
    :-)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, they do look so pretty especially when lit Maria!
    Happy 2014 to you and your family...wishing you a year full of creativity and all good things!
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so lovely, especially when lit. Perfect little gifts!
    Marianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are just adorable, the ribbons you have chosen finish them off well. I made myself a white one some time ago and keep meaning to get some of that green and white speckled wool to make a christmassy one, maybe in time for next christmas xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...