Sunday 23 April 2017

Crochet Colour Blocks

This is a scheduled post.  By the time you read this, I should be on holiday!  (Unless anything has gone horribly wrong, that is.  I do have a fear when I schedule posts, that I might die before it goes live and it'll be horribly tragic when this post pops up merrily on the internet as though everything is fine and dandy!  Well, let's hope I'm not speaking to you from beyond the grave... and let's not go into what these thoughts say about my twisted mind...)

Moving swiftly on!  I thought I would share with you the first two blocks of the colour-block crochet blanket I'm working on (first mentioned here).

Bright colourful crochet colour-block squares.

It's going to be a very bold and bright blanket!  The two squares look quite unrelated to each other really, apart from the purple.  However, I'm hoping that as I make more blocks, using more of the colours in different combinations, they will start to work together better.

Bright colourful crochet colour-block squares.

Also, you can see that the squares are doing the typical granny-square-twist!  This is a standard occurrence with granny squares unfortunately.  I might try blocking them.  Or maybe when they're all sewn/crocheted together they might pull into a straighter shape??  I'll decide what to do later!

Bright colourful crochet colour-block squares.

However, I am pleased so far.  And looking forward to seeing the blocks in more colour combinations - it's quite motivating!

Which one do you like best?  I prefer the pink one.


Check out my completed crochet items here.


Like what you see?  Follow me on bloglovin!




4 comments:

  1. Ha you are morbid! I never thought of that, but I will now! On a lighter note - the squares look great. And I think they will sort themselves out ones part of the blanket! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I always have these morbid thoughts!! Thankfully I'm still alive at present! Thank you - I did hope that once all made up the twisting will sort itself out. xx

      Delete
  2. OMG Maria I know exactly what you mean 😂 I always think about things happening beyond the grave! Or planning things too far in advance! In case I die in the mean time! You are not alone in your morbidity.

    And these are such fun squares. I really like the purple, blue and red one. And I can't wait to see it as it grows! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am totally the same about planning things too far in advance in case I die in the meantime! I'm glad it's not just me with these morbid thoughts!

      Thanks! I hope to get some more squares made soon... xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...