Sunday, 22 January 2017

Stripy Blanket - Two-Thirds Through

I've been meaning to update you on the progress of my Stripy Blanket for ages... as it is at the two-thirds through stage (and has been for some time, oops) and I thought I'd take the opportunity to share it.

Why two-thirds through is that significant, I don't know - but I've decided it should be marked in some way.  It also means I can tell you a bit more about it, as I have never actually given any yarn information, despite sharing peeks of it in the past (such as in my most viewed ever post!)  Yes, I started it over three years ago... there is no excuse for not finishing it by now!


The yarn I'm using is King Cole Cottonsoft DK, which is such a lovely soft yarn to work with, with a 5mm hook (instead of the 4mm recommended, as I have tight tension).

The colours are:

White (710)
Sky (714)
Mint (715)
Saxe (718)
Jade (781)


Above you can see all thirty completed stripes of colour.  I plan to do fifteen more.

Current measurements are:

Width: 128cm / 50 inches
Length: 108cm / 42.5 inches (which will presumably grow by half again if (WHEN!) finished)

It's going to be a big one!


The pattern is a very simple - just rows and rows of double crochet (UK treble crochet) in a seemingly random pattern.  (It's not random, of course - I have it carefully planned in a spreadsheet!!)

The good thing with stripes is that the blanket becomes a blanket on its own, so to speak.  There is no pile of squares that are useless (apart from eye-candy purposes, that is) until sewn or crocheted together.  Even though it's not finished, I've been able to cosy under it for ages - so that makes up a little for my extremely slow and lazy approach to finishing it, surely?!

However, I do hope that I'll be able to show-off the completed blanket at some point this year.  But don't hold your breath!

Check out crochet items that I have actually managed to finish here.



Like what you see?  Follow me on bloglovin!


10 comments:

  1. You are so near to the end, keep going! Love those colours, reminds me of holidays xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I really need to get it done!!! xx

      Delete
  2. Love the color of your blanket. It looks beautiful. You are about to finish it. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks beautiful! I remember your stripes colour planning post. Enjoy finishing it off and then using it. It is good that it is now at the can snuggle under while working on stage, I always think that helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! Ah, you remember my planning, I had forgotten about that post! Yes, it definitely helps that I can snuggle under it while working on it! :)

      Delete
  4. very pretty, love the "random width" stripes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was pleased with that too - even if it's not really random! ;)

      Delete
  5. Looks like a trip to the seaside! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it is very sea-ey!! Just GOT to finish it! I feel motivated at the moment... just got to pick it up and go..... xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...