Tuesday 5 April 2016

Crochet Baby Blanket - Colour Change

I thought it was about time I showed you the progress on the baby blanket I'm working on, as I had a change of heart on one of the colours!

My original colours were shown here and, as I mentioned in this post, I wasn't sure about the grey.  I carried on for a bit longer with it - but then decided 'no!' and ripped it back... changing it for a cheery red.


The red I chose is Stylecraft Special DK in Lipstick, and I am loving it!  So bright and cheerful.  With the Turquoise, Sunshine and Lipstick colours, it gives a twist on the classic primary colours vibe - a timeless choice for babies if you ask me!  And gender neutral too, if there is such a thing...

I'd better get on with finishing it, as my friend's baby is due in a few weeks... and I really should be sewing those ends in as I go!

What do you think?  Do you prefer the red to the grey, or should I have stuck with my original plan?!




Like what you see?  Follow me on bloglovin!


6 comments:

  1. Haha never ask a Swede if we prefer grey. Yes is always the answer. But, for a babyblanket the red is definitely more cheerful. You made the right decision. And note how it paid off not doing the ends as you go! Nothing more annoying than having to unpick when you've done your best job ever securing the ends.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha - yes, I did think you'd go for the grey always!! :) That is a good point - laziness does pay off in these cases! xx

      Delete
  2. Oh this is lovely and colors are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari, I was so pleased with the bright colours together!

      Delete
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...