But... I have managed to do the mindless (and very boring) task of sewing some ends in so that I can finally show you this blanket...
I first showed you the colourful granny squares here. I finished this last September, apart from those pesky ends! It's taken me all this time to get round to sewing them in, but at least I feel like I've got something done at last.
I gave all the squares a double border of white and joined as I went. To do the final border around the lot, I used Bunny Mummy's tutorial to give a flat border for granny squares. (Thanks Jacquie!)
And I finished off with another one of her tutorials for the double-v edging. It was just what I wanted - simple but enough to finish it off nicely.
I always struggle to get a decent picture when I try to smooth a blanket out on the floor, but this shows it as a whole. It's not a big blanket - good for a cot probably. It hasn't got a use as yet, but maybe one day if I am lucky enough to spawn some young, then they can be snuggled in it!
This is the third baby/mini blanket I've made. The first one was in my early crochet days. I wanted to try a blanket, and a small one seemed more manageable! (I actually didn't finish it until after my second blanket - but it was started first). Post here.
The second blanket had a proper purpose - it was made for my gorgeous nephew, while my sister-in-law was pregnant with him. That one had a lot of love go into it, and is my favourite! It is the biggest - I made it a good size to last him a long time.
You can see the post here. I used this pattern.
That's all from me today... I hope you're all having a lovely bank holiday weekend! Over and out.