Thanks very much for the lovely comments - I will share more on the crochet soon (I've not made much progress lately)
In the meantime, as part of my quest to become 'mega organised', I have set up a 'hair station' (that is incredibly difficult to photograph well!) on the inside of a cupboard door in the bedroom...
This cupboard used to hold the hot water tank, but we had central heating and a combi-boiler installed when we moved in last May (as there were just electric heaters in the house). The Lumberjack turned it into a wardrobe a while ago, with Ikea hanging rails. Now we've added the bits to the door.
(Let me again say - it is oddly difficult to get any decent photos of this... and the dim light doesn't help!)
The mirror was one of a pack of four mirror squares from Ikea - £6 for the four - which come with sticky pads to fix them. I'm sure we'll find somewhere else for the rest of the mirrors, as we only needed the one for this. I added washi tape to create a little border/frame on the mirror:
We attached two Ikea wire baskets to tidy away random hair bits, only £2 each...
(Maybe if I used some of those hair products more, I wouldn't look such a scruffy mess all the time!)
Luckily we were able to turn the switch inside the cupboard (for the old hot water tank) into a plug socket, so it's handy to be able to use the hairdryer there and keep it tucked away.
So, there you go, a bit of organisation!
I wanted the baskets low as I have some possible further ideas for the inside of that door... we'll see...