Finally it's done!!!!! My African Flower Cushion!
Long-standing followers of my blog will have seen the start of this a long time ago! Back on the 1st of June last year, I blogged about the start of an African Flower Runner. Well, over a year later it has morphed from a runner into a cushion, and is FINALLY finished!
It's not going to live on the sofa in the photo - that's my parents' sofa - I took it round to show it off. There is better light in their living room, so I took a couple of photos there.
I can't believe it's taken me so long to finish (but there have been a lot of other projects finished in that time) and I'm amazed that I love it just as much as I did when I started! I love the colours together.
I had the front all sorted a few weeks ago - I'd done all the half-flowers that I blogged about recently. I also had to straighten out the other sides, which were wavy like this:
I managed to find a way to fill in, with a couple of rows of varying stitches, so that it looked like this:
I was quite amazed I managed to get it pretty straight.
Here is the finished square - ready for a back:
I ummed and ahhed about the back for a while - I kind of just wanted the thing finished to be honest. I wanted to do the quickest thing I could do to get it finished as soon as possible. But somehow I ended up deciding that it must have a crocheted back, which took a few weeks! (I'm a bit slow/have a full-time job/easily distracted/lazy - choose your favourite reason (excuse) for it taking me so long!) Although, it's nothing compared to how long the front took!
I gave you a sneak peak recently... and here it is in it's completed glory...
I think I love it as much as the front!! Rows of double (US) crochet stripes with three little pink buttons to fasten it. So simple, yet effective.
This is going to be my second June Monthly Make. (It was finished this month, and the back was done in June - even if the rest has been going on for a year!)
It will also be part of a Pretty Crafty Home (see sidebar).
It's made in King Cole Bamboo Cotton - 50% bamboo, 50% cotton. I love the feel and look of it. It's quite splitty to work with, but you get used to it, and I love the end result.
I better get my craft list out and cross it off the list - yay! I'm so glad it's finally done, and very pleased with it!