Friday 25 March 2011

Failed Funky Cupcake

I got to work last night on my idea and, sad to say, the result was very disappointing.  I wanted to make a bright funky cupcake hangy that I could maybe try to sell, but I definitely won't be attempting to sell this!  The design definitely needs some work!

It started with a quick sketch on a scrap of paper which I thought looked pretty good:


But unfortunately, when it was transferred to felt... the result was as below:


What went wrong??  The design seems to work as a drawing, but not as a stuffed item.  The slanted bottom was meant to look funky, but doesn't seem to work in the felt.  Also, once stuffed, the base of the cupcake has gone too narrow, and has lost the widening towards the frosting.  It looks more like a trunk - making this look like an odd little tree!

I won't deny it... this little 'cupcake/tree' did get thrown across the room at one point - I was so disappointed that my vision had failed!  Not to mention the time, effort and materials that had gone to waste.

So, it's back to the drawing board... I need to level off the bottom of the base and widen it.  Also, maybe the frosting looks too much like a cloud?  Hmn, we'll see what I come up with next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...