Tuesday 29 March 2011

Crafting is Eggcellent!

About a month or so ago, I came across an amazing post on an incredible blog (paper-and-string) and was inspired to make some felt easter eggs!

I'd already been planning to make an Easter Tree, after some sunny days had put me in a cheery Spring mood.  I'd tried blowing eggs to paint, but they seemed a bit fragile (after I cracked one!) and I wanted something I could keep and bring out every year.  Colourful felt eggs was the perfect solution!

I got to work and created my version of the gorgeous paper-and-string eggs, and here they are:


Even better, when I showed them to the girls at work it started a crafting frenzy!  Here is a picture of our eggs all together so far (taken on a desk at work with a mobile phone camera!):


On the left we have Caz's 5 eggs, in the middle are my 6 eggs, then on the right are Dawn's 4 eggs.  All different interpretations, and all looking great together!  More eggs are in progress so there may be chance for another egg picture before Easter, and there will definitely be a picture of my completed Easter Tree when it is made/decorated!

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful Maria!!!! you are such an inspiration!!! Love all the eggs, each person with their own style.

    Can't wait to see you're tree.

    Mum xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...